If you keep running out of disk space on your web server account because Outlook does not clean up emails it already downloaded then you need to uncheck the "Leave a copy of messages on the server" feature shown below. That will clean up the excess email stored that you already downloaded and read in Outlook. It will not delete them from Outlook.
- Go to Tools/Accounts/select your email account.
- You need to turn off the ability to keep a copy of your email messages.
- Select the "Advanced" tab. Un-check the box next to "Leave a copy of messages on the server."
- If you would like to keep a copy of your email messages on the Mail server but don't need to store everything forever, select the "Advanced" tab. Check the box next to "Leave a copy of messages on the server." and change the number of days to keep messages to only a day or two.
- If you have a blackberry/iphone and want to keep a day's worth of email then click on the "Remove from Server after 10 days" check box and change to 1 day.
- Click the "OK" button.
- Click the "Next" button on the Email Account Wizard, then click "Finished."
Note: For emails cleanup on the web server - login into DirectAdmin Control Panel. Click on Email accounts - put checkmark in the email account that has too much email. Select "Purge From" "Inbox" "older than 3 days".
that will clean it up.